Biomass Power Plant Managers
Description : Manage operations at biomass power generation facilities. Direct work activities at plant, including supervision of operations and maintenance staff.
JobTitles : Fuel Manager, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, Operations Manager, Operations Supervisor, Operations and Maintenance Manager, Plant Manager, Production Supervisor, Production Support Manager, Production Support Supervisor
- Review logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels and safe production environments or to identify abnormalities with power production equipment or processes.
- Review biomass operations performance specifications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Supervise biomass plant or substation operations, maintenance, repair, or testing activities.
- Prepare and manage biomass plant budgets.
- Supervise operations or maintenance employees in the production of power from biomass such as wood, coal, paper sludge, or other waste or refuse.
- Monitor the operating status of biomass plants by observing control system parameters, distributed control systems, switchboard gauges, dials, or other indicators.
- Inspect biomass gasification processes, equipment, and facilities for ways to maximize capacity and minimize operating costs.
- Conduct field inspections of biomass plants, stations, or substations to ensure normal and safe operating conditions.
- Plan and schedule plant activities such as wood, waste, or refuse fuel deliveries, ash removal, and regular maintenance.
- Evaluate power production or demand trends to identify opportunities for improved operations.