Education Administrators, Postsecondary
Description : Plan, direct, or coordinate research, instructional, student administration and services, and other educational activities at postsecondary institutions, including universities, colleges, and junior and community colleges.
JobTitles : Dean, Registrar, Academic Dean, Provost, Academic Affairs Vice President, College President, Admissions Director, Dean of Students, Financial Aid Director, Academic Affairs Dean
- Advise students on issues such as course selection, progress toward graduation, and career decisions.
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the activities of personnel, including support staff, engaged in administering academic institutions, departments or alumni organizations.
- Recruit, hire, train, and terminate departmental personnel.
- Participate in student recruitment, selection, and admission, making admissions recommendations when required to do so.
- Formulate strategic plans for the institution.
- Plan, administer, and control budgets, maintain financial records, and produce financial reports.
- Establish operational policies and procedures and make any necessary modifications, based on analysis of operations, demographics, and other research information.
- Participate in faculty and college committee activities.
- Represent institutions at community and campus events, in meetings with other institution personnel, and during accreditation processes.
- Promote the university by participating in community, state, and national events or meetings, and by developing partnerships with industry and secondary education institutions.