Natural Sciences Managers
Description : Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
JobTitles : Natural Science Manager, Water Team Leader, Fisheries Director, Health Sciences Manager, Laboratory Manager, Natural Resources Planner, Research and Development Director, Coastal Management Planner, Environmental Manager, Mineral and Aggregate Resources Planner
- Confer with scientists, engineers, regulators, or others to plan or review projects or to provide technical assistance.
- Develop client relationships and communicate with clients to explain proposals, present research findings, establish specifications, or discuss project status.
- Plan or direct research, development, or production activities.
- Prepare project proposals.
- Design or coordinate successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, or testing.
- Review project activities and prepare and review research, testing, or operational reports.
- Hire, supervise, or evaluate engineers, technicians, researchers, or other staff.
- Determine scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management and make detailed plans to accomplish these goals.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for the architectural, scientific, or technical work performed to ensure regulatory compliance or operations enhancement.
- Develop innovative technology or train staff for its implementation.