Description : Direct an organization's security functions, including physical security and safety of employees, facilities, and assets.
JobTitles : Corporate Physical Security Supervisor; Corporate Security Manager; Director Security Management; Director, Corporate Security; Manager, Security Infrastructure and Enterprise Services; Manager, Security Services and Safety System Support; Manager, Security and Safety; Security Director; Security Manager
- Create or implement security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches.
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures.
- Monitor and ensure a sound, ethical environment.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
- Develop, implement, manage, or evaluate policies and methods to protect personnel against harassment, threats, or violence.
- Develop, conduct, support, or assist in governmental reviews, internal corporate evaluations, or assessments of the overall effectiveness of facility and personnel security processes.
- Train subordinate security professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures.
- Assess risks to mitigate potential consequences of incidents and develop a plan to respond to incidents.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.