Agents & Business Managers of Artists, Performers, & Athletes
Description : Represent and promote artists, performers, and athletes in dealings with current or prospective employers. May handle contract negotiation and other business matters for clients.
JobTitles : Talent Agent, Agent, Booking Agent, Theatrical Agent, Athlete Marketing Agent, Talent Buyer, Talent Manager, Artist Agent, Artist Manager, Artist Representative
- Collect fees, commissions, or other payments, according to contract terms.
- Confer with clients to develop strategies for their careers, and to explain actions taken on their behalf.
- Develop contacts with individuals and organizations, and apply effective strategies and techniques to ensure their clients' success.
- Schedule promotional or performance engagements for clients.
- Negotiate with managers, promoters, union officials, and other persons regarding clients' contractual rights and obligations.
- Keep informed of industry trends and deals.
- Manage business and financial affairs for clients, such as arranging travel and lodging, selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
- Conduct auditions or interviews to evaluate potential clients.
- Arrange meetings concerning issues involving their clients.
- Prepare periodic accounting statements for clients.