Licensing Examiners & Inspectors
Description : Examine, evaluate, and investigate eligibility for, conformity with, or liability under licenses or permits.
JobTitles : Driver License Examiner, Public Service Representative (PSR), Driver Examiner, Transportation Services Representative (TSR), Examiner, Motor Vehicle Clerk, Driver License Agent, Certified Driver Examiner (CDE), Certified Driver License Test Administrator, Driver License Technician
- Issue licenses to individuals meeting standards.
- Evaluate applications, records, or documents to gather information about eligibility or liability issues.
- Administer oral, written, road, or flight tests to license applicants.
- Score tests and observe equipment operation and control to rate ability of applicants.
- Advise licensees or other individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.
- Warn violators of infractions or penalties.
- Prepare reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations, or decisions.
- Prepare correspondence to inform concerned parties of licensing decisions or appeals processes.
- Confer with or interview officials, technical or professional specialists, or applicants to obtain information or to clarify facts relevant to licensing decisions.
- Report law or regulation violations to appropriate boards or agencies.