Equal Opportunity Representatives & Officers
Description : Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
JobTitles : Investigator, Federal Investigator, Affirmative Action Officer, Contract Compliance Officer, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer), Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator), Field Representative, Civil Rights Representative, Complaint Investigations Officer, Human Rights Investigator
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints in order to verify case information, and to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Develop guidelines for non-discriminatory employment practices, and monitor their implementation and impact.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.