Description : Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
JobTitles : Management Analyst, Business Analyst, Administrative Analyst, Employment Programs Analyst, Program Management Analyst, Quality Control Analyst
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Develop and implement records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program.
- Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and improvements.
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.