Security Management Specialists
Description : Conduct security assessments for organizations, and design security systems and processes. May specialize in areas such as physical security, personnel security, and information security. May work in fields such as health care, banking, gaming, security engineering, or manufacturing.
JobTitles : Consultant; Director, Security Risk Management; Operations Staff Specialist, Security; Physical Security Engineer; Physical Security Specialist; Principal Engineer, Security Engineering and Applied Science; Section Chief, Physical Security Specialist; Security Analyst; Security Consultant; Security Specialist
- Engineer, install, maintain, or repair security systems, programmable logic controls, or other security-related electronic systems.
- Recommend improvements in security systems or procedures.
- Perform risk analyses so that appropriate countermeasures can be developed.
- Conduct security audits to identify potential vulnerabilities related to physical security, staff safety, or asset protection.
- Provide system design and integration recommendations.
- Design security policies, programs, or practices to ensure adequate security relating to issues such as protection of assets, alarm response, and access card use.
- Assess the nature and level of threats so that the scope of the problem can be determined.
- Design or implement or establish requirements for security systems, video surveillance, motion detection, or closed-circuit television systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Respond to emergency situations on an on-call basis.
- Determine the value loss impact and criticality of assets.