Description : Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
JobTitles : Auditor, Internal Auditor, Auditor-in-Charge, Assurance Manager, Audit Manager, Internal Audit Director, Assurance Senior, Audit Partner, Deputy for Audit, Financial Auditor
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
- Supervise auditing of establishments, and determine scope of investigation required.
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Confer with company officials about financial and regulatory matters.
- Examine whether the organization's objectives are reflected in its management activities, and whether employees understand the objectives.