Description : Conduct quantitative analyses of information affecting investment programs of public or private institutions.
JobTitles : Financial Analyst, Securities Analyst, Investment Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Credit Products Officer, Operational Risk Analyst, Planning Analyst, Research Analyst, Real Estate Analyst
- Draw charts and graphs, using computer spreadsheets, to illustrate technical reports.
- Inform investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast business, industry, or economic conditions.
- Monitor developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory.
- Interpret data on price, yield, stability, future investment-risk trends, economic influences, and other factors affecting investment programs.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments by analyzing information from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, or personal interviews.
- Recommend investments and investment timing to companies, investment firm staff, or the public.
- Determine the prices at which securities should be syndicated and offered to the public.
- Prepare plans of action for investment, using financial analyses.
- Evaluate and compare the relative quality of various securities in a given industry.
- Present oral or written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations, and entire industries.