Fraud Examiners, Investigators & Analysts
Description : Obtain evidence, take statements, produce reports, and testify to findings regarding resolution of fraud allegations. May coordinate fraud detection and prevention activities.
JobTitles : Special Agent, Investigator, Certified Fraud Examiner, Inspector General, Special Investigation Unit Investigator
- Document all investigative activities.
- Prepare written reports of investigation findings.
- Prepare evidence for presentation in court.
- Testify in court regarding investigation findings.
- Interview witnesses or suspects and take statements.
- Coordinate investigative efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys.
- Advise businesses or agencies on ways to improve fraud detection.
- Gather financial documents related to investigations.
- Conduct in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering efforts.
- Create and maintain logs, records, or databases of information about fraudulent activity.