Document Management Specialists
Description : Implement and administer enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
JobTitles : Business Process Analyst; Business Records Manager; Document Control Manager; Document Control, Electronic Content, and Records Manager; Document Management Consultant; IT Project Manager; Implementation Specialist; Manager, Enterprise Content Management; Record Systems Analyst; Records Manager
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
- Monitor regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.
- Assist in determining document management policies to facilitate efficient, legal, and secure access to electronic content.
- Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists.
- Administer document and system access rights and revision control to ensure security of system and integrity of master documents.
- Develop or configure document management system features, such as user interfaces, access profiles, and document workflow procedures.
- Assist in the assessment, acquisition, or deployment of new electronic document management systems.
- Search electronic sources, such as databases or repositories, or manual sources for information.
- Keep abreast of developments in document management technologies and techniques by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.