Description : Develop and apply biostatistical theory and methods to the study of life sciences.
JobTitles : Associate Professor of Biostatistics, Biostatistician, Professor of Biostatistics, Biostatistics Director
- Design research studies in collaboration with physicians, life scientists, or other professionals.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Provide biostatistical consultation to clients or colleagues.
- Write detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and findings for research protocols or reports.
- Analyze clinical or survey data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques.
- Review clinical or other medical research protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analyses.
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to data monitoring committees, federal regulatory agencies, managers, or clients.
- Calculate sample size requirements for clinical studies.
- Read current literature, attend meetings or conferences, and talk with colleagues to keep abreast of methodological or conceptual developments in fields such as biostatistics, pharmacology, life sciences, and social sciences.
- Determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of biological research studies.