Description : Plan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.
JobTitles : Architect, Project Architect, Project Manager, Architectural Project Manager, Principal, Design Architect
- Consult with clients to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- Prepare scale drawings.
- Plan layout of project.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Integrate engineering elements into unified architectural designs.
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- Conduct periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
- Seek new work opportunities through marketing, writing proposals, or giving presentations.
- Administer construction contracts.