Description : Apply knowledge of engineering technology and biological science to agricultural problems concerned with power and machinery, electrification, structures, soil and water conservation, and processing of agricultural products.
JobTitles : Professor, Engineer, Project Engineer, Agricultural Engineer, Agricultural Safety and Health Program Director, Assistant Professor, Research Agricultural Engineer, Research Leader, Agricultural Systems Specialist, Conservation Engineer
- Prepare reports, sketches, working drawings, specifications, proposals, and budgets for proposed sites or systems.
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
- Design and supervise environmental and land reclamation projects in agriculture and related industries.
- Design agricultural machinery components and equipment using computer-aided design (CAD) technology.
- Discuss plans with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers so that they can be evaluated and necessary changes made.
- Design food processing plants and related mechanical systems.
- Plan and direct construction of rural electric-power distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
- Supervise food processing or manufacturing plant operations.
- Design structures for crop storage, animal shelter and loading, and animal and crop processing, and supervise their construction.
- Test agricultural machinery and equipment to ensure adequate performance.