Description : Research, design, plan, or perform engineering duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental hazards using various engineering disciplines. Work may include waste treatment, site remediation, or pollution control technology.
JobTitles : Air Pollution Control Engineer; Chief, Pesticides and Toxic Substances Branch; Environmental Analyst; Environmental Engineer; Environmental Remediation Specialist; Global Director Air and Climate Change; Hazardous Substances Engineer; Marine Engineer CPVEC (Marine Engineer Commercial Passenger Vessel Environmental Compliance); Regulatory Environmental Compliance Manager; Sanitary Engineer
- Design or supervise the design of systems, processes, or equipment for control, management, or remediation of water, air, or soil quality.
- Advise corporations or government agencies of procedures to follow in cleaning up contaminated sites to protect people and the environment.
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers, experts in law or business, or other specialists to address environmental problems.
- Obtain, update, or maintain plans, permits, or standard operating procedures.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, or local agencies or officials on issues pertaining to solid or hazardous waste program requirements.
- Provide technical support for environmental remediation or litigation projects, including remediation system design or determination of regulatory applicability.
- Prepare, review, or update environmental investigation or recommendation reports.
- Develop site-specific health and safety protocols, such as spill contingency plans or methods for loading or transporting waste.
- Inspect industrial or municipal facilities or programs to evaluate operational effectiveness or ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Provide assistance with planning, quality assurance, safety inspection protocols, or sampling as part of a team conducting multimedia inspections at complex facilities.