Description : Design or oversee projects involving provision of potable water, disposal of wastewater and sewage, or prevention of flood-related damage. Prepare environmental documentation for water resources, regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work. Perform hydraulic modeling and pipeline design.
JobTitles : Acting Section Chief, Assistant County Engineer, Director Water and Waste Services, Engineer and Geologist, Principal Consulting Engineer, Principal Technologist, Program Manager, Project Manager/Design Manager, Surface Water Manager, Water Reuse Program Manager
- Provide technical direction or supervision to junior engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, or other technical personnel.
- Conduct feasibility studies for the construction of facilities, such as water supply systems, run-off collection networks, water and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Design pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines, force mains, or sewers for the collection of wastewater.
- Design domestic or industrial water or wastewater treatment plants, including advanced facilities with sequencing batch reactors (SBR), membranes, lift stations, headworks, surge overflow basins, ultraviolet disinfection systems, aerobic digesters, sludge lagoons, or control buildings.
- Analyze storm water or floodplain drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize river banks, repair channel streams, or design bridges.
- Design water distribution systems for potable or nonpotable water.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Identify design alternatives for the development of new water resources.
- Design water or wastewater lift stations, including water wells.
- Perform hydraulic analyses of water supply systems or water distribution networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency.