Description : Devise methods to improve oil and gas extraction and production and determine the need for new or modified tool designs. Oversee drilling and offer technical advice.
JobTitles : Reservoir Engineer, Petroleum Engineer, Drilling Engineer, Petroleum Production Engineer, Engineer, Production Engineer, Operations Engineer, Completion Engineer, Completions Engineer, Drilling Manager
- Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
- Develop plans for oil and gas field drilling, and for product recovery and treatment.
- Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, or well surveys.
- Analyze data to recommend placement of wells and supplementary processes to enhance production.
- Monitor production rates, and plan rework processes to improve production.
- Interpret drilling and testing information for personnel.
- Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
- Assist engineering and other personnel to solve operating problems.
- Confer with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve design, research, and testing problems.
- Coordinate the installation, maintenance, and operation of mining and oil field equipment.