Description : Design, develop, or evaluate energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the designing, building, or remodeling stages of construction. May specialize in electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; green buildings; lighting; air quality; or energy procurement.
JobTitles : Energy Efficiency Engineer, Energy Manager, Distributed Generation Project Manager, Energy Engineer, Environmental Solutions Engineer, Industrial Energy Engineer, Measurement And Verification Engineer, Test and Balance Engineer
- Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations to achieve more energy efficient operation.
- Manage the development, design, or construction of energy conservation projects to ensure acceptability of budgets and time lines, conformance to federal and state laws, or adherence to approved specifications.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use, costs, or conservation measures.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Perform energy modeling, measurement, verification, commissioning, or retro-commissioning.
- Oversee design or construction aspects related to energy such as energy engineering, energy management, and sustainable design.
- Conduct jobsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to collect data for energy conservation analyses.
- Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
- Inspect or monitor energy systems, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) or daylighting systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings.
- Evaluate construction design information such as detail and assembly drawings, design calculations, system layouts and sketches, or specifications.