Description : Design technologies specializing in light information or light energy, such as laser or fiber optics technology.
JobTitles : Tasks | Tools & Technology | Knowledge | Skills | Abilities | Work Activities | Work Context | Job Zone | Education | Interests | Work Styles | Work Values | Related Occupations | Wages & Employment | Job Openings
- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
- Analyze system performance or operational requirements.
- Write reports or research proposals.
- Assist in the transition of photonic prototypes to production.
- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.
- Conduct testing to determine functionality or optimization or to establish limits of photonics systems or components.
- Design electro-optical sensing or imaging systems.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, continue education, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Conduct research on new photonics technologies.