Wind Energy Engineers
Description : Design underground or overhead wind farm collector systems and prepare and develop site specifications.
JobTitles : Project Designer, Transmission and Distribution Engineering; Project Engineer; Senior Engineer/Practice Leader-Land Development and Engineering; Senior Project Engineer; Senior Wind Energy Consultant; Turbine Measurements Engineer; Utility Engineer; Wind Farm Siting and Development Consultant; Wind Science and Planning; Wind Turbine Design Engineer
- Create or maintain wind farm layouts, schematics, or other visual documentation for wind farms.
- Recommend process or infrastructure changes to improve wind turbine performance, reduce operational costs, or comply with regulations.
- Create models to optimize the layout of wind farm access roads, crane pads, crane paths, collection systems, substations, switchyards, or transmission lines.
- Provide engineering technical support to designers of prototype wind turbines.
- Investigate experimental wind turbines or wind turbine technologies for properties such as aerodynamics, production, noise, and load.
- Develop active control algorithms, electronics, software, electromechanical, or electrohydraulic systems for wind turbines.
- Develop specifications for wind technology components, such as gearboxes, blades, generators, frequency converters, and pad transformers.
- Test wind turbine components, using mechanical or electronic testing equipment.
- Oversee the work activities of wind farm consultants or subcontractors.
- Test wind turbine equipment to determine effects of stress or fatigue.