Description : Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect.
JobTitles : Intern Architect, Drafter, Architect, Draftsman, Architectural Designer, Architectural Drafter, Architectural Intern, Project Manager, Architectural Draftsman, CAD Technician (Computer-Aided Design Technician)
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms and records.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Supervise, coordinate, and inspect the work of draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects.
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
- Represent architect on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under architect's supervision.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to lists of materials.