Description : Build, install, test, or maintain robotic equipment or related automated production systems.
JobTitles : Field Service Technician, Instrument Specialist, Instrumentation Technician, Automation Technician, Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (E and I Technician), Electronics Technician
- Troubleshoot robotic systems, using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems, hydraulics, or pneumatics.
- Disassemble and reassemble robots or peripheral equipment to make repairs such as replacement of defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers, encoders, and servomotors.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on robotic systems or components.
- Maintain service records of robotic equipment or automated production systems.
- Install, program, or repair programmable controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools, or conveyors.
- Document robotics test procedures and results.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Attach wires between controllers.
- Test performance of robotic assemblies, using instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety, and quality.