Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
Description : Assist electromechanical engineers in such activities as computer-based process control, instrumentation, or machine design. May prepare layouts of machinery or equipment, plan the flow of work, conduct statistical studies, or analyze production costs.
JobTitles : Designer, Engineering Specialist, Engineering Tech, Instrumentation and Electrical Preventive Maintenance Inspector IE PM Inspector, Process Control Tech, R&D Lab Technician, Senior Design Engineering Specialist, Senior Designer, Senior Mechanical Designer, Senior Tech Manufacturing Engineering
- Collaborate with engineers to implement electromechanical designs in industrial or other settings.
- Consult with machinists or technicians to ensure that electromechanical equipment or systems meet design specifications.
- Install or program computer hardware or machine or instrumentation software in microprocessor-based systems.
- Analyze engineering designs of logic or digital circuitry, motor controls, instrumentation, or data acquisition for implementation into new or existing automated, servomechanical, or other electromechanical systems.
- Fabricate or assemble mechanical, electrical, or electronic components or assemblies.
- Modify, maintain, or repair electrical, electronic, or mechanical components, equipment, or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Select electromechanical equipment, materials, components, or systems to meet functional specifications.
- Produce electrical, electronic, or mechanical drawings or other related documents or graphics necessary for electromechanical design, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Translate electromechanical drawings into design specifications, applying principles of engineering, thermal or fluid sciences, mathematics, or statistics.
- Select and use laboratory, operational, or diagnostic techniques or test equipment to assess electromechanical circuits, equipment, processes, systems, or subsystems.