Electronics Engineering Technologists
Description : Assist electronics engineers in such activities as electronics systems and instrumentation design or digital signal processing.
JobTitles : Electronics Technology Instructor, Electronics Department Manager, Electronics Technology Department Chair, Professor
- Set up and operate specialized or standard test equipment to diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies, or systems.
- Modify, maintain, and repair electronics equipment and systems to ensure that they function properly.
- Troubleshoot microprocessors or electronic instruments, equipment, or systems, using electronic test equipment such as logic analyzers.
- Replace defective components or parts, using hand tools and precision instruments.
- Inspect newly installed equipment to adjust or correct operating problems.
- Prepare or maintain design, testing, or operational records and documentation.
- Conduct or supervise the installation and operation of electronic equipment and systems.
- Assemble circuitry for electronic systems according to engineering instructions, production specifications, or technical manuals.
- Select electronics equipment, components, or systems to meet functional specifications.
- Supervise the building or testing of prototypes of electronics circuits, equipment, or systems.