Description : Plan, develop, and conduct programs to inform public of historical, natural, and scientific features of national, state, or local park.
JobTitles : Park Ranger, Park Naturalist, Environmental Education Specialist, Park Interpretive Specialist, Park Activities Coordinator, Park Manager, Education Specialist, Historical Interpreter, Interpretive Naturalist, Program Manager
- Provide visitor services, such as explaining regulations, answering visitor requests, needs and complaints, and providing information about the park and surrounding areas.
- Conduct field trips to point out scientific, historic, and natural features of parks, forests, historic sites or other attractions.
- Prepare and present illustrated lectures and interpretive talks about park features.
- Perform emergency duties to protect human life, government property, and natural features of park.
- Confer with park staff to determine subjects and schedules for park programs.
- Assist with operations of general facilities, such as visitor centers.
- Plan, organize and direct activities of seasonal staff members.
- Perform routine maintenance on park structures.
- Prepare brochures and write newspaper articles.
- Construct historical, scientific, and nature visitor-center displays.