Description : Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to address economic problems related to the production and distribution of goods and services or monetary and fiscal policy. May collect and process economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods.
JobTitles : Economist, Economic Analyst, Professor, Professor of Economics, Economic Consultant, Project Economist, Forensic Economist, Health Researcher, Research Analyst, Economic Analysis Director
- Teach theories, principles, and methods of economics.
- Study economic and statistical data in area of specialization, such as finance, labor, or agriculture.
- Conduct research on economic issues and disseminate research findings through technical reports or scientific articles in journals.
- Compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques.
- Study the socioeconomic impacts of new public policies, such as proposed legislation, taxes, services, and regulations.
- Supervise research projects and students' study projects.
- Formulate recommendations, policies, or plans to solve economic problems or to interpret markets.
- Develop economic guidelines and standards and prepare points of view used in forecasting trends and formulating economic policy.
- Provide advice and consultation on economic relationships to businesses, public and private agencies, and other employers.
- Forecast production and consumption of renewable resources and supply, consumption and depletion of non-renewable resources.