Arbitrators, Mediators, & Conciliators
Description : Facilitate negotiation and conflict resolution through dialogue. Resolve conflicts outside of the court system by mutual consent of parties involved.
JobTitles : Alternative Dispute Resolution Coordinator (ADR Coordinator), Alternative Dispute Resolution Mediator (ADR Mediator), Arbiter, Arbitrator, Commissioner, Family Mediator, Federal Mediator, Labor Arbitrator, Mediator, Public Employment Mediator
- Use mediation techniques to facilitate communication between disputants, to further parties' understanding of different perspectives, and to guide parties toward mutual agreement.
- Confer with disputants to clarify issues, identify underlying concerns, and develop an understanding of their respective needs and interests.
- Prepare settlement agreements for disputants to sign.
- Set up appointments for parties to meet for mediation.
- Interview claimants, agents, or witnesses to obtain information about disputed issues.
- Apply relevant laws, regulations, policies, or precedents to reach conclusions.
- Conduct initial meetings with disputants to outline the arbitration process, settle procedural matters such as fees, or determine details such as witness numbers or time requirements.
- Evaluate information from documents such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- Authorize payment of valid claims.
- Conduct hearings to obtain information or evidence relative to disposition of claims.