Paralegals & Legal Assistants
Description : Assist lawyers by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, or researching legal precedent. Conduct research to support a legal proceeding, to formulate a defense, or to initiate legal action.
JobTitles : Paralegal, Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, Legal Clerk, Real Estate Paralegal, Summer Law Associate, Legal Analyst, Paralegal Specialist, Certified Paralegal, Immigration Paralegal
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
- Prepare for trial by performing tasks such as organizing exhibits.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
- Meet with clients and other professionals to discuss details of case.
- File pleadings with court clerk.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Call upon witnesses to testify at hearing.
- Investigate facts and law of cases and search pertinent sources, such as public records, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Direct and coordinate law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Keep and monitor legal volumes to ensure that law library is up-to-date.