Architecture Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in architecture and architectural design, such as architectural environmental design, interior architecture/design, and landscape architecture. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Architecture Professor, Assistant Professor, Instructor, Associate Professor, Lecturer, Adjunct Professor, Interior Design Professor, Adjunct Instructor, Faculty Member
- Evaluate and grade students' work, including work performed in design studios.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as architectural design methods, aesthetics and design, and structures and materials.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.