Agricultural Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in the agricultural sciences. Includes teachers of agronomy, dairy sciences, fisheries management, horticultural sciences, poultry sciences, range management, and agricultural soil conservation. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Instructor, Agriculture Professor, Animal Science Professor, Agriculture Instructor, Horticulture Professor, Associate Professor, Horticulture Instructor, Plant Science Professor, Extension Specialist
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as crop production, plant genetics, and soil chemistry.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.