Forestry & Conservation Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in forestry and conservation science. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Assistant Professor, Forestry Professor, Associate Professor, Extension Professor, Forestry Extension Specialist, Lecturer, Research Professor, Forest Technology Professor, Instructor
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in books, professional journals, or electronic media.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as forest resource policy, forest pathology, and mapping.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Supervise students' laboratory or field work.