Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, & Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in the physical sciences, except chemistry and physics. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching, and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Geology Professor, Assistant Professor, Research Professor, Atmospheric Sciences Professor, Associate Professor, Oceanic Sciences Professor, Associate Professor of Geology, Astronomy Professor, Earth Science Professor
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as structural geology, micrometeorology, and atmospheric thermodynamics.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Supervise laboratory work and field work.