Physics Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses pertaining to the laws of matter and energy. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Physics Professor, Physics Instructor, Instructor, Professor of Physics, Math and Physics Instructor, Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor of Physics, Associate Professor, Physical Science Professor
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as quantum mechanics, particle physics, and optics.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.