Anthropology & Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in anthropology or archeology. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Anthropology Professor, Assistant Professor, Professor of Anthropology, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, Associate Professor of Anthropology, Associate Professor, Lecturer, Instructor, Cultural Anthropology Professor
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as research methods, urban anthropology, and language and culture.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and present findings in professional journals, books, electronic media, or at professional conferences.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Supervise students' laboratory or field work.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.