Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in geography. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Geography Professor, Geography Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Instructor, Lecturer, Professor of Geography, Associate Professor of Geography, Assistant Professor of Geography
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as urbanization, environmental systems, and cultural geography.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.