Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in psychology, such as child, clinical, and developmental psychology, and psychological counseling. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Psychology Professor, Psychology Instructor, Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor of Psychology, Associate Professor of Psychology, Lecturer, Adjunct Professor
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as abnormal psychology, cognitive processes, and work motivation.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks.