Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in health specialties, in fields such as dentistry, laboratory technology, medicine, pharmacy, public health, therapy, and veterinary medicine.
JobTitles : Professor, Clinical Professor, Physical Therapy Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Professor, Clinical Education Academic Coordinator, Instructor, Lecturer, Clinical Sciences Professor
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Supervise laboratory sessions.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as public health, stress management, and worksite health promotion.