Nursing Instructors & Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Demonstrate and teach patient care in classroom and clinical units to nursing students. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Nursing Professor, Nursing Instructor, Instructor, Assistant Professor, Faculty Member, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Associate Professor, Clinical Nursing Instructor, Nursing Faculty
- Supervise students' laboratory and clinical work.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory and clinic work, assignments, and papers.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as pharmacology, mental health nursing, and community health care practices.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.