Education Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses pertaining to education, such as counseling, curriculum, guidance, instruction, teacher education, and teaching English as a second language. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Education Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor of Education, Instructor, Assistant Professor of Education, Associate Professor of Education, Faculty Member, Lecturer
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Supervise students' fieldwork, internship, and research work.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as children's literature, learning and development, and reading instruction.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.