Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in social work. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Social Work Professor, Clinical Professor, Instructor, Lecturer, Bachelor of Social Work Program Coordinator (BSW Program Coordinator), Faculty Member, Field Education Coordinator, Master of Social Work Program Coordinator (MSW Program Coordinator), Social Work Lecturer
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as family behavior, child and adolescent mental health, and social intervention evaluation.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Supervise students' laboratory and field work.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.