Art, Drama, & Music Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in drama, music, and the arts including fine and applied art, such as painting and sculpture, or design and crafts. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor, Music Professor, Art Professor, Theatre Professor, Art Instructor, Professor of Music, Art History Professor, Dance Professor, Assistant Professor of Music, Associate Professor
- Explain and demonstrate artistic techniques.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, performances, projects, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Prepare students for performances, exams, or assessments.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as acting techniques, fundamentals of music, and art history.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.