History Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses in human history and historiography. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : History Professor, Professor, Instructor, History Instructor, Professor of History, Associate Professor of History, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor of History, Lecturer
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as ancient history, postwar civilizations, and the history of third-world countries.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks.