Recreation & Fitness Studies Teachers, Postsecondary
Description : Teach courses pertaining to recreation, leisure, and fitness studies, including exercise physiology and facilities management. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
JobTitles : Professor; Coach; Physical Education Professor (PE Professor); Health and Physical Education Professor (HPE Professor); Instructor; Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Professor (HPER Professor); Assistant Professor; Kinesiology Professor; Associate Professor; Sports Management Professor
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as anatomy, therapeutic recreation, and conditioning theory.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks.