Description : Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, or other child development facility. May be required to hold State certification.
JobTitles : Teacher, Preschool Teacher, Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Pre-K Teacher), Lead Teacher, Toddler Teacher, Teacher Assistant, Group Teacher, Early Childhood Teacher, Headstart Teacher, Head Start Teacher
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Attend to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Serve meals and snacks in accordance with nutritional guidelines.
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene.