Elementary School Teachers
Description : Teach students basic academic, social, and other formative skills in public or private schools at the elementary level.
JobTitles : Teacher, Elementary Teacher, Classroom Teacher, Kindergarten Teacher, Elementary School Teacher, Elementary Education Teacher, 1st Grade Teacher, Second Grade Teacher, 6th Grade Teacher, Art Teacher
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Read books to entire classes or small groups.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.