Audio-Visual & Multimedia Collections Specialists
Description : Prepare, plan, and operate multimedia teaching aids for use in education. May record, catalogue, and file materials.
JobTitles : Audio Visual Technician, Audio Visual Specialist, Media Specialist, Media Technician, Electronics Technician, Instructional Technology Specialist, Library Media Specialist, Multimedia Services Coordinator, Audio Video Technician, Audio Visual Coordinator
- Set up, adjust, and operate audiovisual equipment such as cameras, film and slide projectors, and recording equipment, for meetings, events, classes, seminars and video conferences.
- Maintain hardware and software, including computers, scanners, color copiers, and color laser printers.
- Install audiovisual equipment.
- Instruct users in the selection, use, and design of audiovisual materials, and assist them in the preparation of instructional materials and the rehearsal of presentations.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assistants and other personnel during production.
- Plan and prepare audiovisual teaching aids and methods for use in school systems.
- Determine formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums necessary to meet production objectives effectively and within budgetary constraints.
- Perform simple maintenance tasks such as cleaning monitors and lenses and changing batteries and light bulbs.
- Acquire, catalog, and maintain collections of audiovisual material such as films, video- and audio-tapes, photographs, and software programs.
- Attend conventions and conferences, read trade journals, and communicate with industry insiders to keep abreast of industry developments.