Farm & Home Management Advisors
Description : Advise, instruct, and assist individuals and families engaged in agriculture, agricultural-related processes, or home economics activities. Demonstrate procedures and apply research findings to solve problems; and instruct and train in product development, sales, and the use of machinery and equipment to promote general welfare. Includes county agricultural agents, feed and farm management advisors, home economists, and extension service advisors.
JobTitles : Extension Agent, Agricultural Extension Educator, Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development Specialist, Family Development Extension Specialist, Family Life Field Specialist, Family Resource Management Extension Specialist, Farm Business Management Agent, Farm Management Specialist
- Collaborate with producers to diagnose and prevent management and production problems.
- Conduct classes or deliver lectures on subjects such as nutrition, home management, and farming techniques.
- Advise farmers and demonstrate techniques in areas such as feeding and health maintenance of livestock, growing and harvesting practices, and financial planning.
- Research information requested by farmers.
- Prepare and distribute leaflets, pamphlets, and visual aids for educational and informational purposes.
- Collect and evaluate data to determine community program needs.
- Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.
- Schedule and make regular visits to farmers.
- Organize, advise, and participate in community activities and organizations such as county and state fair events and 4-H Clubs.
- Collaborate with social service and health care professionals to advise individuals and families on home management practices such as budget planning, meal preparation, and time management.