Description : Develop instructional material, coordinate educational content, and incorporate current technology in specialized fields that provide guidelines to educators and instructors for developing curricula and conducting courses. Includes educational consultants and specialists, and instructional material directors.
JobTitles : Curriculum Director, Instructional Systems Specialist, Curriculum Specialist, Curriculum Coordinator, Curriculum and Instruction Director, Education Specialist, Program Administrator, School Standards Coach, Career Technical Supervisor, Curriculum and Assessment Director
- Plan and conduct teacher training programs and conferences dealing with new classroom procedures, instructional materials and equipment, and teaching aids.
- Observe work of teaching staff to evaluate performance, and to recommend changes that could strengthen teaching skills.
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and to relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, and occupational areas.
- Research, evaluate, and prepare recommendations on curricula, instructional methods, and materials for school systems.
- Conduct or participate in workshops, committees, and conferences designed to promote the intellectual, social, and physical welfare of students.
- Advise teaching and administrative staff in curriculum development, use of materials and equipment, and implementation of state and federal programs and procedures.
- Advise and teach students.
- Organize production and design of curriculum materials.
- Recommend, order, or authorize purchase of instructional materials, supplies, equipment, and visual aids designed to meet student educational needs and district standards.
- Interpret and enforce provisions of state education codes, and rules and regulations of state education boards.